The Grower Group Alliance (GGA) is currently seeking a grower or grower group representative to fill a vacant role on the Strategic Advisory Group (SAG).
The Strategic Advisory Group provides direction, advice and feedback on the activities of the GGA project. Most importantly, the SAG is required to ensure the Group Grower Alliance is working towards its vision through the objectives. This will ensure the GGA achieves its goals, and delivers benefits to all its members.
The Sag is chaired by a farmer representative and meets twice a year, with occasional email responses required out of session.
The role of the Strategic Advisory Group is to:
– Provide a high level of industry feedback on agricultural industry trends, needs and issues in order to guide the strategic direction of the GGA
– Offer independent advice from a variety of viewpoints to the Project Leader on formulating the GGA’s responses to strategic issues
– Establish policy in relation to external and internal partnerships of the GGA
– Monitor the achievement of project objectives
– Raise the profile of the GGA in the industry and wider community
Members of the SAG receive a sitting fee and reimbursement for travel costs to attend meetings. All positions are for a three year term, with a rolling replacement.
To apply for the position, please submit an expression of interest that includes a short two-page CV, and a statement (maximum half-page) about why you would like to join the strategic advisory group, including history with working/involvement with grower groups. For more information contact Rebecca Wallis, 6180 5759 or email [email protected]. Applications close Friday January 30.