Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) is seeking three non-executive Directors to be appointed to the Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) Board at this year’s Annual General Meeting.
The Board provides direction to the management of the company including strategy development, review of governance, financial performance and risk management.
As a skills-based Board, Directors have a range of expertise across corporate governance, business management, finance, livestock production and supply chain value adding, international marketing and research and development.
Applications are sought from prospective candidates who have the skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Extensive Western Australia (WA) livestock industry knowledge, with a focus on sheep
- Extensive experience in value adding and innovation post farm gate
- Strong domestic, global strategic marketing and fast moving consumer goods experience with proven financial acumen
Candidates with other specialist skill sets are also encouraged to apply, while recognising that all applicants should possess the following:
- A broad understanding of the Australian red meat and livestock industry
- Strong business acumen, including sound financial literacy and an understanding of corporate governance
- Well-developed communication skills, with a collaborative approach in making an active contribution to strategic and Board discussion
Nominees will be subject to a thorough selection process, where the Selection Committee, assisted by an external Board recruitment consultant, considers nominations, conducts interviews and then endorses candidates for election to the MLA Board of Directors. They are then put forward to the AGM for election by MLA members.
The closing date for applications is 5 June 2015. Applications via email should be sent to www.rimfireresources.com.au
For more information outlining the application process, please refer to www.mla.com.au/directorguidelines