As required under its Constitution (rule 25.2.2), The Western Australian Farmers Federation (Inc.) (WAFarmers) hereby notifies all members, Commodity Section Councils and Zones that the 71st Annual Conference and AGM’s will be held on March 1 and 2 2018, at the Pan Pacific Perth, Adelaide Terrace, Perth.
Thursday 1 March 2018 – Commodity AGM’s (Livestock Section, Grains Section, General Section); WAFarmers AGM; Sundowner
Friday 2 March 2018 – Conference Presentations and Panel Discussions; Gala Dinner and Awards
The Western Australian Farmers Federation (Inc.) reminds members of the following rules of the WAFarmers Constitution:
- All nominations and motions must be submitted to WAFarmers Head Office by 5.00pm Friday 26 January 2018. (rule 27.2.1) (rule 28.1.1).
- The register of financial members used to determine Zone delegate representation shall be closed off twenty-one (21) clear days prior to the commencement of the Annual General Meeting, being Wednesday 7 February 2018. (rule 22.3.3).
- Zone Councils may appoint delegates to all Annual General Meetings on the basis of one (1) delegate for each twenty (20) Zone Members or part thereof (rule 22.214.171.124; 22.3.1). Members of the Board are additional delegates at the Annual General Conference.
- Proxy delegate voting applies in accordance with regulation 9 to the Constitution.
- The Zone President, or nominee shall provide the Chief Executive Officer with a list of Zone delegates, or of any changes to such list, appointed by the Zone by 9.00am on the day of the commencement of the Conference. (rule 22.3.4).
The Western Australian Farmers Federation (Inc.) (WAFarmers) Election Notice
Nominations, opening Monday 4 December 2017, are called for the following positions:
- President – The Western Australian Farmers Federation – two (2) year term.
- Senior Vice President – The Western Australian Farmers Federation – one (1) year term.
- Board Member x 2 – The Western Australian Farmers Federation – two (2) year term.
- Commodity Sections – Grains, and Livestock Sections – President, Senior Vice-President and Vice-President – one (1) year terms.
Nomination forms are available from [email protected] at the WAFarmers Head Office.
Nominations can be made by mail, email or in person and must be forwarded to the WAFarmers Head Office, PO Box 556, Belmont WA 6984 or via email to [email protected]. If you have any questions please call WAFarmers Finance and Administration Manager Melanie Tolich on (08) 9486 2100.
Nominations close 5.00pm Friday 26 January 2018.